JetBlue

Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
tips for making the most of trueblue?
Just wondering what you frequent flyers do with all of your points...is it worth spending them on goods or better to just exchange them for a flight? I'm probably sticking with Jet Blue from now on...any other general tips?
RE: tips for making the most of trueblue?
9/9/10 2:36 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I use them for flights. I think I prefer the old true blue program over the current one though.
9/9/10 2:45 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
Definitely better to exchange for flights. There is such a premium on using the points to buy goods... I guess another fast way to generate points faster is to get the JetBlue Amex card and take advantage of deals where you can get bonus points for purchases made using the card.
9/9/10 3:27 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
If you have a dog, and fly with him or her, join the dog True Blue! A great service.
9/9/10 3:29 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I use them just for flights. I just wish they had more destinations out of Newark!
9/9/10 3:29 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I try and stick with one or two airlines - Jetblue being one of them and use the points for free tickets for me as well as my family.
9/9/10 3:44 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I definitely think using them for flights is best. Although I am not sure how sold I am on the new Trueblue points system. I felt more comfortable with the old one. I try to fly with the fares are low, and as a result don't rack up points as quickly as before when points were based on the distance flown, not the $$$ paid.
9/9/10 3:53 PM as a reply to kev826.
I would agree with you I liked the old program better too!
9/9/10 4:16 PM as a reply to ttrez.
I also liked the old program better.
9/9/10 4:26 PM as a reply to megm311.
BONUS POINTS are given when you make your reservation on line!
Use my JetBlue Amex for everything & have earned thousands of points!!
Just got a card for my daughter to use as well.
Also, recommending a friend will get you extra points.

Anyone have other ways to rack up the points?
9/9/10 4:27 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
Flights/tickets are the way to go.

If you are like me, you are going to be flying everywhere anyway... I try not to keep a watchdog eye on the point total, and love it when I am surprised when I get wind about having enough points for a ticket.
9/9/10 4:31 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I'm with a lot of folks. I prefer the old point system to the new. Although, I'm still open to new promotions.

What really peeved me was the manner in which old points had to be redeemed - you were forced to call Jetblue in order to use them. So lame.
9/9/10 4:31 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
What was great about the ond program was that you could use your points to buy a last minute ticket and it still cost you the same amount of points. This was convenient for family emergencies since I live on the opposite coast. Now, it uses every last point they can squeeze out of you for a last minute ticket!!

With that being said, it is best to use them for flights rather than stuff. Just make sure you book well in advance!
9/9/10 4:33 PM as a reply to amk250.
amk250:
Definitely better to exchange for flights. There is such a premium on using the points to buy goods... I guess another fast way to generate points faster is to get the JetBlue Amex card and take advantage of deals where you can get bonus points for purchases made using the card.

Totally agree
9/9/10 4:52 PM as a reply to halstar87.
I agree with the poster advising using only one or two airlines. You can A) get to know their systems thoroughly; and emoticonconsolidate your points. Of course, when the airline changes its system, like JB did, it makes it hard....
9/9/10 4:56 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I enjoy spending mine on flights just because the satisfaction of knowing that i am traveling for free is great emoticon
9/9/10 5:27 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
yes is much better to use the points to get the flights ..emoticon
9/9/10 5:32 PM as a reply to kev826.
I agree...the new system is challenging and difficult to book a flight.
9/9/10 7:16 PM as a reply to d3athcarb4fatty.
I have been flying with Jet Blue for over 10 years and is the best company to have a stop over as it is always on time.