JetBlue

Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Buffalo Wings
Buffalo Wings
9/15/10 11:07 PM
Where is the best place to get original buffalo wings?
RE: Buffalo Wings
12/9/10 5:51 AM as a reply to guy12345.
I would look into this...

On a Friday night in 1964, Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar at the now famous Anchor Bar Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Late that evening, a group of Dominic's friends arrived at the bar with ravenous appetites. Dominic asked his mother, Teressa, to prepare something for his friends to eat.

They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup.

Teressa had deep fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn't take long for people to flock to the bar to experience this new taste sensation. From that evening on, Buffalo Wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar.

The phenomenon created in 1964 by Teressa Bellissimo has spread across the globe. Although many have tried to duplicate Buffalo Wings, the closely guarded secret recipe is what makes Frank & Teressa's the proclaimed "Best Wings in the World."
4/18/11 7:56 PM as a reply to hoochicoochiman.
alot of canadians head to anchor bar for the "original buffalo wings"
2/21/12 8:25 AM as a reply to guy12345.
The Anchor Bar is a traditional must see.... But the best are at Duff's. I am a long time fan of Anchor especially since I lived a block away. But I have to give the " Best " award to Duff's, they're just a n amazing wing. The flavor, the wing itself is meatier. Anchor bar is falling on their reputation, and are going down hill.
3/8/12 2:25 PM as a reply to guy12345.
Washington Square located at 295 Washington St has the best wings in Buffalo and also the best service. You won't be disappointed.
7/23/12 9:29 AM as a reply to guy12345.
I have always liked Cole's (also has a great beer list) and Gabriel's Gate for wings. There is also this little gem of a neighborhood pub in South Buffalo called the Nine-Eleven Tavern (its address is 9 & 11 Bloomfield Ave.) that has INCREDIBLE wings and affordable prices. Cash-only, so come prepared.