JetBlue

Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
blue line from airport to downtown
being new to the chicago area i would like to go from the airport to down town by thwe blue line but i need some info if this is an easy way or is it better to just take taxi's

thanks
RE: blue line from airport to downtown
Answer Answer (Unmark)
9/21/10 5:44 PM as a reply to mindyriffa.
It'll take you about 40 mins to get downtown (Jackson) on the blue line from O'Hare but it's obviously much cheaper than a taxi. I do it all the time - it's fairly easy, no train changes or long waits.
9/21/10 9:26 PM as a reply to keep0ffgrass.
When at ORD it can be a bit hard to find the subway. Just look for "CTA," "L," or "trains to city." Like most trains, it is in the basement of the airport.
9/21/10 9:26 PM as a reply to mindyriffa.
I also prefer to take the train to the airport. SO much easier, no traffic, no hassles.
9/30/10 12:33 PM as a reply to mindyriffa.
It was much cheaper for us to take the train, I think $2.50 one way, and if you arrive at rush hour like we did, it is probably faster to take the train than a taxi. Make sure you have cash, both of the credit card ticket machines were broken when we got there.
9/30/10 9:01 PM as a reply to mindyriffa.
If you go to Hopstop.com it'll tell you right where you need to get off, when the train comes, how long the trip will be, and how much.
10/6/10 11:54 AM as a reply to mindyriffa.
Blue line is great, unless you're traveling at some freaky hour, when it can feel a little isolated. If you go during rush hour, there's a tremendous sense of empowerment from zipping along while traffic on either side of the tracks creeps along...