JetBlue

Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Precheck program
Precheck program
4/30/12 9:52 PM
TSA offers a Precheck program for participating airlines, at certain airports, to let you use expedited screening. You apply on-line to TSA, pay a fee, and then have an interview with a customs official. IT was described in the WSJ 5 weeks ago. I find nothing on the JB web site about it. Does JB have any plans to join Precheck? TSA requires certain info on passengers which in turn imposes requirements on airlines' computing systems. Right now only American and Delta can provide the needed info. Precheck also has to be available at your airport and it isn't at Logan. Details in this WSJ story. Has JB discussed this at all?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577281483630937016.html?KEYWORDS=precheck
RE: Precheck program
1/1/13 9:58 PM as a reply to waterblue.
waterblue:
TSA offers a Precheck program for participating airlines, at certain airports, to let you use expedited screening. You apply on-line to TSA, pay a fee, and then have an interview with a customs official. IT was described in the WSJ 5 weeks ago. I find nothing on the JB web site about it. Does JB have any plans to join Precheck? TSA requires certain info on passengers which in turn imposes requirements on airlines' computing systems. Right now only American and Delta can provide the needed info. Precheck also has to be available at your airport and it isn't at Logan. Details in this WSJ story. Has JB discussed this at all?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303863404577281483630937016.html?KEYWORDS=precheck

Can anyone advise when Jetblue will participate in the precheck program? It was supposed to be by the year end but here we are without a peep. I fly Jetblue A LOT and in many cases, my Mosaic/extra speed means nothing. At many airports, the premium line is shared with other airlines and is often longer than the non-premium line. In Boston, where extra speed has it's own line, it's integrated with the crew/wheelchair/family access line and the wait to get through that mess can be longer than he regular security line. I use my Global entry/precheck when flying other airlines and it's pain and wait free. It's a major consideration when there are options on other carriers.
1/16/13 11:20 AM as a reply to ksaab31.
I'm waiting to see this implemented by jetBlue too.

Any estimate when we will see an estimate for when jetBlue will support this program (TSAPre, GOES, etc.)?
1/19/13 3:29 PM as a reply to waterblue.
Hi,

Thanks for your post; yes, currently JetBlue is not participating in the TSA Pre-Check, expedited screening program. However, with the purchase of our EMS (even more space) seats you receive an Even More Speed upgrade which allows you to use the shorter line at TSA and boards JetBlue flight first.

Yes, JetBlue Airways is evaluating offering this option for our customers emoticon

Happy Jetting!
3/24/13 4:18 PM as a reply to jetbluemonica.
Any date on when JetBlue will participate in TSA-Pre? I just used it with United, and it is much better than even moving to the front of the line with the normal search. I did not have to remove my sports coat, nor take my laptop out. Also, I did not have to get radiated with the full body scan machine. Please support it.
3/30/13 8:32 PM as a reply to jimclarke5.
Even if JetBlue does not have a precheck program, you can still use the lines at the airports that have the precheck line by applying for Trusted Traveller status. $100 for 5 years, and a thourough background check and interview.

Well worth it.
9/1/13 10:43 AM as a reply to jetbluemonica.
Using the Even More Speed line at JFK is usually not faster than the other lines because you still have to go through the same screening machines and they are often understaffed. The new terminal 5 security is a disaster. The lines are long, the checkers slow and rude, they are understaffed, and when it takes more than one hour to get through security even while paying for useless Even MoreSpeed there is something wrong. JetBlue has a dedicated terminal at JFK, TSA Precheck could be easily implemented and would be a good way to speed up the security lines. Continue to be a leader in customer service, get the TSA Precheck program going.
9/10/13 12:30 AM as a reply to laurie1321.
I agree 100%! I'm about to reach Mosaic status with JetBlue, yet the security lines at JFK will continue to remain an issue. Even without status on Delta or American, I can breeze through their JFK (and LGA, for that matter) security lines due to Global Entry/Precheck.

Something's wrong here.

As such, while JetBlue still opts not to introduce Precheck, I am pursuing status with American, as I already enjoy the breezy security lanes! I'm hoping JetBlue will have Precheck by January 2014, so I can refocus my frequent flying onto the airline.

laurie1321:
Using the Even More Speed line at JFK is usually not faster than the other lines because you still have to go through the same screening machines and they are often understaffed. The new terminal 5 security is a disaster. The lines are long, the checkers slow and rude, they are understaffed, and when it takes more than one hour to get through security even while paying for useless Even MoreSpeed there is something wrong. JetBlue has a dedicated terminal at JFK, TSA Precheck could be easily implemented and would be a good way to speed up the security lines. Continue to be a leader in customer service, get the TSA Precheck program going.
9/15/13 11:01 AM as a reply to ksaab31.
Although JetBlue does not participate in the Precheck program---we are certainly researching for future implementation
9/18/13 10:23 AM as a reply to jetbluemarti.
Quit exploring it and get on the ball. Half the hassle of traveling is clearing security. As a pre-check member it makes it a no-brainer to choose to travel with the airlines that tie into pre-. If JetBlue won't do that, I'll fly with someone else.
11/19/13 11:07 AM as a reply to rwbragdon.
C'mon Jet Blue. T5 is arguably the best terminal in "airdom" and there's no TSA Precheck? I was recently in Dayton and they have precheck. 1.1 million enplanements per year. T5? Over 6 million. What am I missing?
11/21/13 5:00 PM as a reply to rwe987.
Good news! JetBlue has been invited by TSA to participate in the Precheck program in 22 of our BlueCities, including JFK. Please see the complete list and information at http://www2.jetblue.com/travel/precheck/?source=EM112113_Hero_Precheck.

Thanks!

JetBlue Danielle
11/22/13 2:57 PM as a reply to jetbluedanielle.
jetbluedanielle:
Good news! JetBlue has been invited by TSA to participate in the Precheck program in 22 of our BlueCities, including JFK. Please see the complete list and information at http://www2.jetblue.com/travel/precheck/?source=EM112113_Hero_Precheck.

Thanks!

JetBlue Danielle

So the Precheck site states it much easier if the airline invites you to join precheck. Are Mosaic's going to get a invite.
11/25/13 6:43 PM as a reply to solarflyer.
As of yet TSA pre-check is not available with TrueBlue, It is available on JetBlue flights though. In order to participate you will need to go through the TSA precheck website. We hope to have this implemented as a part of the TrueBlue program in the first quarter of 2014.
We can't wait to bring this program full circle with TrueBlue! We look forward to welcoming you through Pre-Check soon! emoticon
RE: Precheck program with iphone4 app does not work
1/6/14 12:01 PM as a reply to jetbluesuzi.
My family went to JFK last week and paid $300 for Global Entry so we could travel this coming weekend and not stand on security lines.

I called JetBlue and added all three TSA numbers to our itinerary. I can see them entered within 'managing my flights' section on the site.

After a friend gave me a head's-up that JetBlue doesn't print 'Pre-approved' on it's boarding passes but that you must download the app (seriously, you have GOT to make this more prominent on the website and the JB representative that I spoke with on the phone should have told me this information).

I downloaded the app on all 3 phones. Two are iphone 5's and the other is an iphone4. FYI: on the itunes app page it says 'optimized for iphone5'. After major stops and starts to get the app to even show a boarding pass - not an easy or smooth process - only the two iphone5's show the QR code with the TSA 'Pre-check'.

There HAS to be another way do this if you have a TSA precheck WITHOUT this app! What if someone doesn't have a smart phone? Or if technically JB didn't test this on earlier iphone versions? What is the work around?

I'd appreciate an answer before 1.11.2014 when I'm due to leave the country...I'd like all three of us to enter the lines together.
Thank you.
1/22/14 6:42 PM as a reply to jetbluesuzi.
Any update on timing for when JetBlue will invite True Blue Mosaic member for pre-check? You mentioned Q1?? Anything more specific?
With the latest update to our systems you can now utilize TSA Pre Check at our Kiosk check in and at the airport counter. It is still unavailable with online check in.

Unfortunately we have not gotten the update to TrueBlue that allows the Pre Check to be added to TrueBlue accounts. We are hoping to hear back on this soon.

We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon.
RE: Precheck program with iphone4 app does not work
3/1/14 4:44 PM as a reply to jetbluesuzi.
Great News!! With our latest update we can now add TrueBlue numbers into your TrueBlue accounts!! Just give us a call and we can get you taken care of. We can't wait to assist you with this! emoticon